Webinar – Accounting for Impairments under FRS 102
This webinar is about the techniques involved in carrying out an impairment review under FRS 102 Section 27 and how impairments of inventory are treated differently to impairments of other assets.
There is the usual self-assessment quiz at the end, with answers supplied separately.
The webinar online video is 52 minutes in length, broken into 2 parts. Once you have purchased this webinar you will receive instructions to view the online webinar, the password to open the page, videos and associated files, via email.
The contents of this presentation examine the:
- Scope of the standard and scope exclusions;
- Inventories treated differently than other impaired assets;
- Overview of principles – other assets, besides inventories;
- Impairment triggers;
- Impairment testing: when and how;
- Testing Goodwill for impairment;
- Public Benefit Entity (PBE) – assets held for service potential;
- Recognising an impairment loss;
- Reversing an impairment loss;
- Small entities – Section 1A disclosures; and
- The Quiz.